A bite and taste of Italy straight from an Italian kitchen!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (with pizza stone on bottom rack). After oven is preheated, let oven heat 30 minutes more for stone to get even hotter. The hotter the stone, the crispier the pizza crust will be.
- Use fresh-made pizza dough or take out a ball of dough from refrigerator, and let sit for 30 minutes on counter. (Frozen dough needs at least 7-8 hours to defrost in refrigerator before use).
- Sprinkle flour on 12-inch wooden pizza board (or on other smooth flat surface if using a pizza screen).
- Spread dough with fingers or roll out with a rolling pin to about 11 inches in diameter. (If using a pizza screen, transfer dough to screen after it’s rolled out.)
- Pour oil into center of pie and drizzle diced tomatoes onto oil. Spread with a spoon across pie. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic over pie.
- Add basil and mozzarella sporadically across pie. Within minutes, transfer pie to oven, as dough can stick to the board if too much time passes, making it difficult to slide onto stone.
- Slide pie, gently, from wooden board onto pizza stone in oven without removing hot stone. (If using a pizza screen, place pizza screen onto stone.) Cook for 9-10 minutes, or when cheese is bubbly. Remove pie by carefully sliding pizza back onto board from stone in oven (or remove pizza screen from stone) and use a pizza cutter to slice into 8 pieces.