Tilapia Burger with Watermelon Salsa & Avocado
SERVES:4 to 6
This flavor-filled burger is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- Prepare the salsa by combining the onion and chives in a bowl, mix well.
- Add the watermelon, cilantro, and lime juice, and mix well. Set aside.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork.
- In a food processor, pulse the tilapia then place in a bowl. Add the panko, egg, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, basil, cumin, and chili powder. Mix well and then shape them into 4 to 6 tilapia burgers. Place in a skillet with a bit of oil, fry over medium heat until the burgers are cooked through (4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Place each burger on the bottom of a hamburger, top with the avocado
- Add the salsa on top of the avocado, add the top of the bun and serve.